- RSS Channel Showcase 3030750
- RSS Channel Showcase 7392597
- RSS Channel Showcase 4954261
- RSS Channel Showcase 8120772
Articles on this Page
- 01/31/18--20:30: _Re: Windows Hello o...
- 01/31/18--21:13: _Re: Windows Hello o...
- 02/01/18--05:14: _Upgrade Horizon vie...
- 02/01/18--07:22: _Re: Upgrade Horizon...
- 02/01/18--08:26: _Re: Windows 10 v160...
- 02/01/18--09:33: _Re: Windows Hello o...
- 02/01/18--09:38: _Re: Horizon view/we...
- 02/01/18--11:12: _Re: Troubleshooting...
- 02/01/18--21:25: _Re: MacOS mouse is ...
- 02/02/18--06:07: _Re: Mouse support f...
- 02/04/18--18:14: _Re: Mouse support f...
- 02/05/18--06:00: _Re: Windows 10 v160...
- 02/05/18--10:48: _Re: Horizon view/we...
- 02/05/18--12:40: _Having trouble down...
- 02/05/18--14:31: _Re: Horizon view/we...
- 02/05/18--15:32: _Re: Horizon view/we...
- 02/06/18--00:02: _Re: Upgrade Horizon...
- 02/06/18--01:40: _Re: Horizon view/we...
- 02/06/18--02:35: _Re: Horizon view/we...
- 02/06/18--03:35: _Re: VMware Logon Mo...
- 01/31/18--20:30: Re: Windows Hello on VDI (Linked Clone)
- 01/31/18--21:13: Re: Windows Hello on VDI (Linked Clone)
- 02/01/18--05:14: Upgrade Horizon view 5.2 to 7
- 02/01/18--07:22: Re: Upgrade Horizon view 5.2 to 7
- 02/01/18--08:26: Re: Windows 10 v1607 VDI vm3dmp.sys BSOD
- 02/01/18--09:33: Re: Windows Hello on VDI (Linked Clone)
- 02/01/18--09:38: Re: Horizon view/web client disconnect immediately after logon
- 02/01/18--11:12: Re: Troubleshooting Blast through UAG
- 02/01/18--21:25: Re: MacOS mouse is crazy
- 02/02/18--06:07: Re: Mouse support for View on iPad
- 02/04/18--18:14: Re: Mouse support for View on iPad
- 02/05/18--06:00: Re: Windows 10 v1607 VDI vm3dmp.sys BSOD
- 02/05/18--10:48: Re: Horizon view/web client disconnect immediately after logon
- 02/05/18--14:31: Re: Horizon view/web client disconnect immediately after logon
- 02/05/18--15:32: Re: Horizon view/web client disconnect immediately after logon
- 02/06/18--00:02: Re: Upgrade Horizon view 5.2 to 7
- 02/06/18--01:40: Re: Horizon view/web client disconnect immediately after logon
- 02/06/18--02:35: Re: Horizon view/web client disconnect immediately after logon
- 02/06/18--03:35: Re: VMware Logon Monitor settings
Please follow this kb Windows Hello Authentication Requirements
Thank you for the link. I might be wrong but it gave me an impression it is just for view connection server.
What is unclear is how do we register our fingerprint with Windows 10. There are three steps which should be done to enable Windows Hello
1. Device registration
2. Key Registration
3. FingerPrint registration
Have you enabled it successfully in your experience?
Many Thanks for response.
We would like to upgrade our View 5.2 environment to Horizon view 7. Since the direct upgrade is not possible from 5.2 to 7, we would like to upgrade it to 6.1 first and then to 7. Can anyone had done this scenario earlier, if yes please share your thoughts.
Also vcenter server version is 5.5. do we need to upgrade this?
Esxi Server versions are 5.5? Do we need to upgrade this for view 7?
Appreciate your help on this
The best course of action would be to build new and move your parent VM's over to the new environment.
There are a lot of considerations.
First thing to do is to check the various compatibility matrices to ensure the supporting components (hardware, operating systems, sql server versions) are supported.. You may want (or need) to migrate to Server 2016, SQL 2014, for example.
If you are on vCenter 5.5 you're probably on the Windows version, if you upgrade to 6.5 you'll want to go with the appliance.. etc.
If you are on a View 5.x environment there is a good possibility that the latest vSphere does not support your hardware. If you aYou may also need to upgrade zero clients, for example if you are on Tera1, they are no longer supported.
Most customers I work with on a View 5.x environment need to buy new hardware, so we just build a new vSphere/View environment on that new platform and migrate things over.
Did you ever get this resolved?
This seems to have cropped up since the latest vmtools, between ver 11 to ver 13,
I didn't get any opportunity to work on similar use cases. Will try to search within my circles and update you . Also look out for integration with Identity Manager, it has 2 factor authentication support & Finger print registration will be possible.
Also I suggest you to follow the below articles for more understanding
I am logging in to VDI Desktop via vSphere web console with VDIUSER, after logging in I can see welcome to windows screen within 3-5 sec it's log me out. If I login again I get windows welcome screen!
How do I troubleshoot this kind of issues.. ?
So you authenticate successfully with the Horizon client, get presented the desktops you're entitled to, but then fail to connect to the virtual desktop, right? If that's the case you know that you have TCP 443 connectivity to the UAG appliances external nic. You also know you have 443 TCP connectivity from the UAG appliance to the Horizon connection server because you're able to authenticate and see your entitlements.
If you're using 443 for the blast gateway - https;//externaldns.com:443 - then all your external traffic can run through TCP 443. So at that point, if there's a failure still, the problem could be narrowed down to the connection between the UAG appliance and the virtual desktops. I would hop on the UAG console and ping your desktops to begin with.
Here's a blog I wrote about confirming port connectivity for UAG. I think it could help. Even Gooder: Troubleshooting Port Connectivity For Horizon’s Unified Access Gateway 3.2 Using Curl And Tcpdump
How many nics are you using on the appliance?
I didn't hit this issue on my Macbook, which Mouse are you using? USB Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse or any other devices?
I had my company buy me this mouse specifically so i could use it on my ipad while in meetings to fully utilize excel... however i cannot get it to work. any tricks? I've reached out to both the swiftpoint and VMWare and haven't heard anything back. I've followed the instructions to pair, verified it works by using it on other devices, but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.
Could you follow the document below to see if it works for you?
VMTools is currently at v10.1.15 if I'm not mistaken.
Do you mean Virtual Hardware version 11 through 13 ?
Do you manage user profiles through UEM. Please check if the user is having access to the UEM configuration and Profile-Archive share.
If your accessing the VDI desktop from the vSphere console and it still logs you out. It likely is an OS/and or group policy issues. You will need to review the system and application event logs. I would also further try to isolate the issue by logging in with a local account.
We were having a similar issue after applying January’s Microsoft security updates. We had to revert back to an older snapshot while attempting to figure out exact issue. Please let me know if you find anything!
Thanks for your reply.
Ok. if we are going to build a new view environment using current hardwares
can we able to install Horizon 7 environment without removing the current 5.2 environment by adding the same vcenter? is it possible?
what about the license keys..can we able to upgrade my 5.2 license key to 7?
check UEM and login monitor logs
it happened with me once and it was because of startup task from UEM , once i removed the task , im able to login
also applied group policy related to profile , try to disable polices and test
Already checked those out and if it was UEM reverting back to an older snapshot would have not resolved my issue. Not sure if this is the case for OP.
Please see if the info on this link helps : VMware Logon Monitor