- RSS Channel Showcase 6942313
- RSS Channel Showcase 5745618
- RSS Channel Showcase 1495148
- RSS Channel Showcase 8003807
Articles on this Page
- 02/08/18--20:37: _Re: Re-authenticati...
- 02/09/18--03:47: _Re: Instant Clone -...
- 02/09/18--08:56: _Re: Google Chrome o...
- 02/09/18--09:29: _Re: SSO Problems Wi...
- 02/09/18--09:34: _Re: Re-authenticati...
- 02/09/18--12:53: _Re: Google Chrome o...
- 02/10/18--10:16: _Re: Google Chrome o...
- 02/12/18--03:07: _Re: SSO Problems Wi...
- 02/12/18--04:16: _Re: Nvidia Quadro 6...
- 02/12/18--04:57: _Re: Windows 10 Sear...
- 02/12/18--07:35: _Re: Google Chrome o...
- 02/12/18--07:44: _Re: Google Chrome o...
- 02/12/18--08:09: _Re: Instant Clone D...
- 02/12/18--08:46: _Re: Instant Clone D...
- 02/12/18--11:09: _Re: Instant Clone D...
- 02/12/18--15:09: _Re: Google Chrome o...
- 02/12/18--21:13: _Re: Google Chrome o...
- 02/13/18--06:49: _SSL error when runn...
- 02/13/18--18:53: _Migrating to LTSB 1607
- 02/14/18--01:05: _Re: Nvidia Quadro 6...
- 02/08/18--20:37: Re: Re-authenticating from a Windows client after lock
- 02/09/18--03:47: Re: Instant Clone - Issues
- 02/09/18--08:56: Re: Google Chrome on Horizon View Windows 10 desktops is very fuzzy
- 02/09/18--09:34: Re: Re-authenticating from a Windows client after lock
- 02/09/18--12:53: Re: Google Chrome on Horizon View Windows 10 desktops is very fuzzy
- 02/10/18--10:16: Re: Google Chrome on Horizon View Windows 10 desktops is very fuzzy
- 02/12/18--04:16: Re: Nvidia Quadro 6000 on ESXi 6.0
- 02/12/18--04:57: Re: Windows 10 Search box stops working after a recompose
- 02/12/18--07:35: Re: Google Chrome on Horizon View Windows 10 desktops is very fuzzy
- 02/12/18--07:44: Re: Google Chrome on Horizon View Windows 10 desktops is very fuzzy
- 02/12/18--08:09: Re: Instant Clone Desktop stuck in DELETING Status
- 02/12/18--08:46: Re: Instant Clone Desktop stuck in DELETING Status
- 02/12/18--11:09: Re: Instant Clone Desktop stuck in DELETING Status
- 02/12/18--15:09: Re: Google Chrome on Horizon View Windows 10 desktops is very fuzzy
- 02/12/18--21:13: Re: Google Chrome on Horizon View Windows 10 desktops is very fuzzy
- 02/13/18--06:49: SSL error when running uagdeploy.ps1 script
- 02/13/18--18:53: Migrating to LTSB 1607
- 02/14/18--01:05: Re: Nvidia Quadro 6000 on ESXi 6.0
You may want to upgrade to Horizon 7.2 with client 4.5 and benefit from the Recursive Unlock feature, Hope this address your issue permanently: https://getadmx.com/?Category=VMware_Horizon_7&Policy=VMware.Policies.vdm_client::EnableRecursiveUnlock_1
Same here with Horizon 7.4 and "Instant clone pool has enabled "reuse Pre-existing computer accounts"
Instant-Clone Windows 10 x64 1709 - AppVolumes - Writable volumes, Master Image is not joined to Domain.
Can you try logging into your gold image from vSphere console and see if it still occurs.
This behavior occurs when a user has the Horizon View Client open but they haven't chosen a desktop. If they wait until the global SSO timoue (View Administrator, System Config, Global Settings) then it will show up with a previous user login prompt.
I would also verify that the pool is not set to "do nothing" when a user logs off.
If you set the global SSO setting in View Admin to greater than 15 min, it should resolve this issue. I would set it to 30 min, start a new login session, lock it, come back after 20 min. You should be able to get back to the desktop with only the initial authentication at the thin client.
disabling hardware acceleration in chrome should work. I do this by using a group policy.
You can also try unchecking h.264 in your client to see if that fixes the fuzziness. Maybe you are seeing the effects of blast using h.264.
agree 100% with this solution , it should solve this issue
That's great, thanks
Old thread now, but did you guys have any luck with this? I'm trying to get an older nvidia card working on a more recent esxi too trying to find what drivers are around
Only thing I've found that fixes this is to delete the usrclass.dat file from D:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\.
I think this file manages something to do with the metro apps...but we don't use any of those at my org so it doesn't hurt us at all. I'd try deleting that file if you do a recompose and your start menu is broken. Also - as was mentioned above, you have to have Windows Firewall enabled.
I've written a PS script to reboot the computer and then delete all the usrclass.dat files from that location ever day...only thing we might run into is if we do a recompose in the middle of the day no one's start menu will work. :\
So I've used group policy to disable Hardware Acceleration, and the 3D Graphics APIs, I've tried with PCOIP, Blast with h.264 disabled and Blast with it enabled. The protocol I use has no effect and the group policy settings seem to help a little bit but there are still a ton of webpages that just look terrible that don't look bad in Chrome on Windows 7.
I also tried using the vSphere console on the gold image and everything works properly there. It is only through Horizon View that it has issues.
In our case, none of the instant cloned machines existed in vCenter or the DataStore.
Further investigation revealed that someone had deleted the Master Image and therefor, View had nothing to reference from.
After the Master Image was restored from the Datastore, the pool provisioning was disabled and the "Deleting (missing)" VM's were removed from ADSI on the connection server.
Re-enabled provisioning for the pool and the VM's no longer reappeared in Problem vCenter VM's.
All snapshots (currrent and last) are still there and intact. Nor sure if Viewdbchk is what i am going to need to investigate with. problem with that is that i can't disable my pools too often.
I would try and delete the VM's out of vCenter and then the ADAM database. I would disable provisioning on the pool before deleting the VM's. See if they rebuild correctly. You might need to use
IcUnprotect.cmd to unprotect the instant clone in vCenter
Connecting to the View ADAM Database
Removing the virtual machine from the ADAM database on the connection server
Instant-Clone Maintenance Utilities
Let me know if this helps
I did some digging as this more and more doesn't seem to be a horizon specific issue.
Check out this old forum link: LinusTechTips. I know you mentioned you disabled DPI but did you disable DPI scaling on the chrome exe AND reboot. Then shutdown and snap.
can you show us a screenshot of what it looks like?
I am running with the script to deploy UAG, it error out with the following exception, any idea how to resolve this?
Enter an optional admin password for the REST API management access for uag_bat:
Deployment will use a self-signed SSL/TLS server certificate
Opening OVA source: C:\euc-unified-access-gateway-184.108.40.206-7395815_OVF10.ova
The manifest validates
Source is signed and the certificate validates
Accept SSL fingerprint (D2:50:B1:B0:FD:E6:B0:69:4E:B8:5D:5C:24:10:68:74:2E:56:2B:42) for host vcenter-qa-04.dt.company.com as target type.
Fingerprint will be added to the known host file
Write 'yes' or 'no'
Error processing attribute "type" with value "OverheadMemoryManager"
while parsing MoRef for ManagedObject of type vim.OverheadMemoryManager
at line 7, column 3236
while parsing property "overheadMemoryManager" of static type OverheadMemoryManager
while parsing serialized DataObject of type vim.ServiceInstanceContent
error parsing Any with xsiType ServiceContent
at line 7, column 33
while parsing return value of type vim.ServiceInstanceContent, version vim.version.version10
at line 7, column 0
while parsing SOAP body
at line 6, column 0
while parsing SOAP envelope
at line 2, column 0
while parsing HTTP response for method GetContent
on object of type vim.ServiceInstance
at line 1, column 0
Completed with errors
Was wondering if anyone migrated from Windows 10 ENT 1607 CBB to Windows 10 LTSB 1607? We are thinking about moving everyone to LTSB and was wondering if you had to do anything special to make sure that everything worked. We are currently running Horizon 7.1, App Volumes 2.12.1 and UEM 9.1. We do have some users with a writable appstack. Thanks!
I'm afraid it might not be available. They are pushing vGPU with Tesla M cards.
Also, when looking at the driver download I always used for the old K1 cards it only has 5.5 drivers and no driver upwards so it seems as if my guess seems to be true.