- RSS Channel Showcase 3227232
- RSS Channel Showcase 3069251
- RSS Channel Showcase 1510409
- RSS Channel Showcase 7277372
Articles on this Page
- 08/27/18--20:01: _Re: USB Redirection...
- 08/28/18--06:59: _RDP connection "Acc...
- 08/28/18--01:57: _VMWare Horizon View...
- 08/28/18--08:33: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 08/28/18--11:06: _Re: USB Redirection...
- 08/29/18--08:24: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 08/29/18--09:05: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 08/29/18--09:10: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 08/29/18--14:16: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 08/30/18--02:59: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 08/30/18--03:29: _Re: Windows 10 LTSB...
- 08/30/18--05:12: _Blast Extreme - mul...
- 08/30/18--09:21: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 08/30/18--09:30: _Re: Blast Extreme -...
- 08/31/18--01:02: _Re: VMWare Horizon ...
- 09/02/18--17:30: _VDI machine Agent u...
- 09/02/18--18:22: _Re: VDI machine Age...
- 09/02/18--19:32: _Re: VDI machine Age...
- 09/03/18--11:55: _Re: VDI machine Age...
- 09/04/18--11:32: _User's persona prof...
- 08/27/18--20:01: Re: USB Redirection problem with newest USB Flash Drive
- 08/28/18--11:06: Re: USB Redirection problem with newest USB Flash Drive
- 08/30/18--03:29: Re: Windows 10 LTSB Start Menu issue.
- 08/30/18--05:12: Blast Extreme - multiple adapters on VM
- 08/30/18--09:30: Re: Blast Extreme - multiple adapters on VM
- 09/02/18--17:30: VDI machine Agent unreachable
- 09/02/18--18:22: Re: VDI machine Agent unreachable
- 09/02/18--19:32: Re: VDI machine Agent unreachable
- 09/03/18--11:55: Re: VDI machine Agent unreachable
- 09/04/18--11:32: User's persona profile doesn't roam sometimes
1) Do you have same issue with SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32Gb?
2) What is exact operation of "read stress test"? Does it mean the USB disk is always connected to agent, and copy file from USB disk to agent OS continuously?
After WSUS rolled out the Microsoft cumulative security rollup KB4343897 (August patches), all of our virtual desktops using RDP connection are having problems. Whenever the virtual desktop is "locked" either by choice or due to inactivity the View Agent pops up with an error "access denied" and the desktop session is closed back to the client computer. If you try reconnect you get the same session and error, and then the connection closes to the client computer. Using Blast or PCoIP works fine, and the session is re-established. On our network however Blast and PCoIP are not working optimally (thats another story), and are laggy. Our users therefore prefer RDP. If you have reestablished the session with Blast or PCoIP, and then just disconnects, you can then reconnect with RDP without problems (becuase the desktop is now no longer locked) - but if you are inactive for too long, or lock your desktop, the error emerges and your session crashes.... So, the problem is spesific with RDP connections, and ONLY when the desktop is locked. (We are running Windows 10 desktops. Build 1709. The error happes with both 7.4.0 and 7.5.1 agent) Uninstalling KB43439897 immidiatly solved the problem, so there is no question that the WSUS upgrade, and indeed this exact patch, is the culprit. Problem here turns out that uninstalling this KB is only possible on older desktops that have gotten a few/some of the security-patches individually installed at earlier dates, before MS released the security rollup in the midst of August. For the newest and latest desktops (most of them), they now only get the cumulative rollup, and on these desktops uninstall is not possible. Why I'm not sure, but I've successfully removed the patch on 12 desktops, all of which have been in use for a while. While on all new desktops, uninstall fails. Comparing them on the "add remove programs" the older systems have 12 patches, the last one beeing KB4343897, while the newer systems only have 5 patches, the last one beeing KB4343897 - and it's not uninstallable (it fails with an error). On the older systems however, uninstall works just fine.... But nevertheless, uninstalling this security fix is not a solution, nor just a workaround while waiting for an actual fix.... either by VMware or Microsoft..... and It's kinda inconvenient to the users to in the meantime switch protocols back and forth because of this. Anyone else that are seeing this exact behaviour? Or is able to replicate it? Or having some tips to what I can try to maybe work around this in a better way for all our users while waithing for the support-case.... At the moment I have 12 happy users that have been lucky enough to get the patch uninstalled... and I have several more unhappy users asking me to get this fixed....
our view console wont show all the event for a particular user, trying to get last 4 weeks.
any sql query i can run on composer db to generate this info?
You can run the following query against the SQL database. Make sure to replace DATABASENAME with the name of your view events database.
order by Time DESC
Replace USERNAME with the username of the user and this will show all events for the user.
where [Severity] like '%USERNAME%'
order by Time DESC
This will show all events with a severity of error.
where [Severity] like '%ERROR%'
order by Time DESC
1) We tested only one SanDisk Ultra 3.0 32Gb and we didn't reproduced the issue
2) Yes just copy large files from the USB disk to the agent and after awhile the disk fail and Windows shows it empty. We try diffirents free USB test tools (Flash Drive Tester, ChkFlsh) to get more inside and a simple read stress test always fail with culprit devices. Some users reported their device become empty during their View session when they use those USB devices. We have around 1000 users here and there is a lot of USB devices in circulation and no one reported this problem before. Now we see it and it is happening only with few new USB devices yet but every week we see that more often.
Sorry, but these commands for username return nothing.
I've been using these queries successfully since Horizon 5.x and confirmed they work on 7.x. Can you share what you are trying?
So the username one, i change DB name and event is slightly different.
where is says '%username%' i replace with user of concern and run query but nothing.
says completed, no error..
im looking for logon events for this user, there are some so would expect some results...
Make sure you leave the % on each side of the username. So it's '%Travis_83%' as an example.
thanks, i couldnt get it to work with username so used USERSID instead.
Make sure that the Windows Firewall is on. If you are using Persistent Disks and Sysprep, you need to restart the machine once.
You can also checkout "Workaround for broken Windows 10 Start Menus with floating desktops":
Guys, I've been using PCOIP with zero clients Dell P25s for a few years now an dwe are exploring moving over to Blast with 10zigs.
Can anyone help me understand how I can redirect the Blast traffic over a particular nic on a VM with more than 1 adaprter (Wins 7 and 10)?
When using PCOIP there was a small registry hack that ensured the traffic when over a chosen adapter; is there a similar hack for blast traffic?
My mistake, I see the issue and I've corrected it above.
The filter was searching [Severity] instead of [ModuleAndEventText]. Please give it another try.
The registry change should apply to both PCoIP and Blast Extreme.
no worries Ben, got what I wanted in the end USERSID worked just aswell.
vdi machine sometimes experiencing agent unreachable. may i know what is actual problem that causing it or any solution that we're able to prevent this happen.
appreciate if have any idea to share. Thanks
That could be any issue from lack of free DHCP adresses to Firewall rules not applied to the whole subnet.
Even to high CPU Usage cause of windows updates could be a reason.
Pleast have a look at the Agent logs within "c:\ProgramData\VMware\VDM\logs" that should give you some starting point where to look at.
thanks. i take a look on vdm logs, but how can i analyze which log is related with the problem. what i get this resolved each time was only reset/restart vdi.
eg: pcoip_agent_ x
Look for the log-XXXX-XX-XX.txt and debug-XXXX-XX-XX-XXXXXX-txt coresponding to the time of when the issue occured.
Does restarting the "VMware Horizon View Agent" Service within the VM resolve the issue?
Does the VM have Basic Network Connection?
We're experiencing an issue where sometimes users in a floating pool will get a session with all their roamed folders, but they can login the next day, the it might nor be there. We've checked NTP, shared folders permissions, DHCP, CSC, etc, but can't find the solution to this issue.
View version is 7.5.1