- RSS Channel Showcase 1976814
- RSS Channel Showcase 8802460
- RSS Channel Showcase 8853323
- RSS Channel Showcase 7745491
Articles on this Page
- 09/05/18--00:08: _Trigger logoff from...
- 09/06/18--00:38: _Wyse P25 (5030) kio...
- 09/06/18--21:21: _Re: Horizon Client ...
- 09/07/18--15:56: _Re: User's persona ...
- 09/09/18--13:44: _Instant Clone on Wi...
- 09/09/18--17:35: _Re: Instant Clone o...
- 09/09/18--18:48: _Re: USB Redirection...
- 09/10/18--08:29: _Re: Trigger logoff ...
- 09/10/18--11:47: _Re: USB Redirection...
- 09/10/18--13:36: _Re: Trigger logoff ...
- 09/10/18--13:45: _Re: Trigger logoff ...
- 09/10/18--14:52: _Re: User's persona ...
- 09/11/18--02:25: _The problem with th...
- 09/11/18--02:47: _Re: PCoIP Gateway p...
- 09/11/18--11:03: _Horizon 7.6 upgrade...
- 09/11/18--13:05: _Re: Horizon 7.6 upg...
- 09/11/18--13:18: _Re: Horizon 7.6 upg...
- 09/12/18--00:48: _Re: Trigger logoff ...
- 09/12/18--07:39: _Re: UAG 2.9 takes 3...
- 09/12/18--10:20: _Re: UAG 2.9 takes 3...
- 09/05/18--00:08: Trigger logoff from msft RDP client in linked clone???
- 09/06/18--00:38: Wyse P25 (5030) kiosq mode Shudown
- 09/06/18--21:21: Re: Horizon Client 4.8 on macOS Mojave 10.4 black screen?
- 09/07/18--15:56: Re: User's persona profile doesn't roam sometimes
- 09/09/18--13:44: Instant Clone on Windows 10
- 09/09/18--17:35: Re: Instant Clone on Windows 10
- 09/09/18--18:48: Re: USB Redirection problem with newest USB Flash Drive
- 09/10/18--08:29: Re: Trigger logoff from msft RDP client in linked clone???
- 09/10/18--11:47: Re: USB Redirection problem with newest USB Flash Drive
- 09/10/18--13:36: Re: Trigger logoff from msft RDP client in linked clone???
- 09/10/18--13:45: Re: Trigger logoff from msft RDP client in linked clone???
- 09/10/18--14:52: Re: User's persona profile doesn't roam sometimes
- 09/11/18--02:25: The problem with the indicators on the keyboard (CapsLock, NumLock)
- 09/11/18--02:47: Re: PCoIP Gateway port 4172 certificate/protocol issues
- 09/11/18--11:03: Horizon 7.6 upgrade, cannot recompose, delete VMs, etc.
- 09/11/18--13:05: Re: Horizon 7.6 upgrade, cannot recompose, delete VMs, etc.
- 09/11/18--13:18: Re: Horizon 7.6 upgrade, cannot recompose, delete VMs, etc.
- 09/12/18--00:48: Re: Trigger logoff from msft RDP client in linked clone???
- 09/12/18--07:39: Re: UAG 2.9 takes 300 seconds timeout before shows login-page via IE
- 09/12/18--10:20: Re: UAG 2.9 takes 300 seconds timeout before shows login-page via IE
Is it possible to trigger the logoff message to the connection server from a "direct" connection/login through Microsoft RDP client on a linked clone? (Not to resemble with the Horizon direct connect component as that component isn't installed).
The RDP connection has not passed through the connection server to get assigned to the linked clone...
What I'm trying to achieve is to get the linked clone to be refreshed/deleted after logoff.
I have Wyse P25 or 5030 in kiosk mode, is it possible for the wyse to go to sleep or go out?
thank you very much
Update: Horizon Client 4.9 was released today. I have tested it and confirmed that it DOES work on 10.14 beta 10. What a great surprise!
There are identified issues with agent 7.5 & 7.5.1 and persona, could you provide some details on your environment including which release of Windows? e.g Windows 10 1803.
I would recommend to use agent 7.4 or possibly look at 7.6 which was just released, so far I am getting positive results testing 7.6 and persona. Also have a look at
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I have created a windows 10 vm with the 64bit VMWare View agent running (7.5.1) on it, VMWare tools (latest) and HW level 13. Windows 10 is Windows 10 Enterprise (Windows 10 Business Edition 1803 from my visualstudio license).
I have a snapshot taken and when I try to create an Automated farm with Instant Clone, the VM will not come up on the list. If I select all available VMs and then mouse over the windows 10 VM, it shows 'VM with Unsupported Guest OS'. I have even gone as far as rebuilding the windows 10 image with another edition and still have the same issue.
Is there a way to find out what is actually causing the image/vm validation to fail or am I missing something else in the build process maybe??
Based on the way you say "farm" that makes me think you are trying to make an RDS farm (which requires Windows Server with the RDSH role) vs a desktop pool. You want to create an instant clone desktop pool, not a farm. Different section of the interface.
Could you please test with Horizon Client 4.9? In 4.9, we fix a similar issue with certain USB drives. Moreover, Client Drive Redirection(CDR), instead of USB redirection, is recommended for USB Flash Drive case.
That's not possible, you have to use the Horizon Client for refresh/delete on log off functionality. I always recommend disabling/limiting RDP for this reason. What's your use case for using RDP instead of the Horizon Client?
You're right! I tested the usb drive with the new VMware Client 4.9 and it's working. The 64Gb USB drive was fully tested without droping. I've seen 97 recoverable errors during this 3 hours test. So yes the new client 4.9 seems to resolve this issue. Thanks!
Thanks for the answer!
The use case is basically to use Horizon as an effective plattform to make virtual desktops available in a "sensitive" environment. And A key function is to cycle/destroy the desktops when they are used... Using the Horizon client to connect to the desktops is unfortunately not an option.
Is there an issue with using the Horizon Client that I could help with? We have a similar requirement and have to use the Horizon Client so the VMs are properly burned down after use.
One thing you might be able to get away with is to regularly schedule the VMs to be refreshed. There will be a possibility that a user could land on a previously used VM but maybe that is sufficient for your use case.
I tried using 7.4 and it didn't fix the problem, so I used 7.3.2 and that "fixed" the problem for the moment.
Hello! We use VMware Horizon 6.2.1, the client OS (Windows 10 1607 LTSB) is deployed using a template (it has the View Agent 7.0.2 installed). On these machines there is a problem with the indicators (Caps Lock, Num Lock) on the keyboard - they stop lighting when a person connects to their system through the VMware Horizon Client (PCoIP), in RDP, there is no problem.
At https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2149393 there is information that our Horizon Agent 7.0.2 supports Windows 10 LTSB 1607, but with an additional inscription - Fresh Install Only. If I create a new template with Windows 10 1607 and installed Horizon Agent 7.5 - everything works.
Is it possible to somehow fix the operation of the indicators on the keyboard (Caps Lock, Num Lock) on already deployed machines? (Updating the Horizon Agent from 7.0.2 to 7.5 does not solve the problem).
So I was doing some research on this and I come upon the following link which says you can change the self-signed with a CA signed one if you have PCoIP Management Console 2.x or 3.x - Teradici Technical Support
Then I came upon this link Teradici PCoIP® Management Console which tells you how you how to upload your own cert. So this is is a half answer half question. The question is: Is the Self-Signed certificate that is used by the Management console the same one that is used by the gateway? If so, is this fix working?
We just upgraded one of our environments from Horizon 7.4 to 7.6. The composer and connection server upgrades went as planned and everything is green in the Horizon admin console, and clients can connect, etc. Next we re-installed the Horizon Agent on our golden master VMs and tried to recompose the pools. Everything is just sitting there and nothing is happening, the VMs don't go in to maintenance mode, nothing. So I tried deleting a VM from the pool to see if it would re-create it using the new golden master VM snapshop we have selected for the recompose, again nothing, it's just sitting in "Deleting" status.
This just started after we did the upgrade, everything was working up to that point. What could be going on here?? Our environment is pretty simple so I'm surprised to see these kind of issues. I read the upgrade documentation for 7.6 and did not see anything that would pertain to this.
Also, I noticed that when I try to edit a pool to look at its settings, a popup comes up that says "Unknown" and there is no information given (see below).
Has anybody else been seeing these issues and know what's going on???
I would start with restarting the environment. I've seen this on prior versions after doing upgrades.
Thank you for the reply. I did restart everything as we too have seen that happen and no luck.
However, After several hours of troubleshooting, we seemed to have stumbled across a known issue with Composer and vCenter starting in v 7.5.
This seems to have resolved our issue.
No there is no problem with the H client except for the fact that we can't use it in this use case.
I think I'll use a scheduled task script to look for any disconnected (for example 2 hours) vm and trigger a refresh or delete...
As for the possibility that a previously used vm gets used again, we will make sure that only the same user can get logged on again. Thanks.
Thanks for your input. It's highly appreciated!
can you share with us how you resolve this issue, we are facing exactly the same issue with Horizon 7.2 and UAG 3.3.1 with F5 on the way.
Are you using the F5 Horizon View iApp for the UAG configuration?