Articles on this Page
- 12/20/18--09:05: _Re: Version 4.10.0 ...
- 12/20/18--09:33: _Re: Version 4.10.0 ...
- 12/20/18--09:53: _Re: Version 4.10.0 ...
- 12/20/18--10:36: _Re: how to download...
- 12/20/18--10:37: _Re: Version 4.10.0 ...
- 12/20/18--13:14: _Re: viewdbchk on Ho...
- 12/20/18--14:52: _View Composer Serve...
- 12/21/18--04:05: _Re: Version 4.10.0 ...
- 12/21/18--04:36: _Re: View Composer S...
- 12/21/18--06:08: _Horizon client (ver...
- 12/21/18--07:11: _Re: View Composer S...
- 12/21/18--09:57: _Package VMWare Hori...
- 12/21/18--19:32: _Re: Version 4.10.0 ...
- 12/27/18--07:59: _Re: Horizon 7.5 Per...
- 12/27/18--10:42: _如何批量分配用户
- 12/27/18--11:14: _Does anyone experie...
- 12/28/18--10:54: _Skype For business ...
- 12/29/18--16:36: _Re: Does anyone exp...
- 01/01/19--02:39: _Re: Horizon Client ...
- 01/02/19--10:14: _Recomposing Issue
- 12/20/18--09:05: Re: Version 4.10.0 not working on ipad
- 12/20/18--09:33: Re: Version 4.10.0 not working on ipad
- 12/20/18--09:53: Re: Version 4.10.0 not working on ipad
- Horizon Client for Windows is supported with the latest maintenance release of Horizon 6 version 6.2.x and later.
- Horizon Client for iOS is supported with the latest maintenance release of View 5.3.x and later releases.
- 12/20/18--10:36: Re: how to download older view client version for ios?
- 12/20/18--10:37: Re: Version 4.10.0 not working on ipad
- 12/20/18--13:14: Re: viewdbchk on Horizon 7.3.2
- 12/20/18--14:52: View Composer Server Upgrade
- 12/21/18--04:05: Re: Version 4.10.0 not working on ipad
- Create a new file named config.txt
- Add a new line to this file:
- Connect the iOS device to a computer that has iTunes installed
- Open iTunes and select File Sharing on connected device
- Select Horizon in Apps
- Click Add… button to add config.txt into Horizon App
- Relaunch Horizon App
- 12/21/18--04:36: Re: View Composer Server Upgrade
- 12/21/18--07:11: Re: View Composer Server Upgrade
- 12/21/18--09:57: Package VMWare Horizon View as a Flatpak
- 12/21/18--19:32: Re: Version 4.10.0 not working on ipad
- 12/27/18--07:59: Re: Horizon 7.5 Persona problem
- 12/27/18--10:42: 如何批量分配用户
- 12/28/18--10:54: Skype For business randomly crashing
- 01/02/19--10:14: Recomposing Issue
Is 4.10 only compatible with 6.2 and above?
We're on Horizon 5.3 and experiencing the same issue. There's some reference to TLS 1.1 in this 5.2 document?
I've been working with VMware but the official response is that you'll need to upgrade View and your agents to maintain mobile access or to rollback to client 4.9 (if you have the capability).
I've followed the instructions on enabling TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in the 6.0.2 environment but it sounds like Client 4.10 is just not compatible anymore.
Personally i'll be rushing an upgrade to 6.2 this week/weekend to satisfy our mobile clients.
It's technically only supported with the latest maintenance release of Horizon 6.2.x (6.2.1 is the minimum requirement where TLS 1.0 is disabled). You will find this in the release notes for every Horizon Client release.
Horizon Client 4.4 which was released on 16 March 2017 and is the last version that listed support for 5.3.x.
Horizon View 5.x went end of general support on 2016/09/14, end of technical guidance on 2018/09/14 and end of availability on 2013/09/30 for View Enterprise. There is no expectation that future Horizon Clients will continue to support 5.x and I would urgently advise upgrading to 7.x given that Horizon View 6.x goes end of general support in less than 6 months (2019/06/19).
I was just able to roll back to 4.9. It was a bit of a process, and I believe it must be done per Apple ID so that it authenticates against your Apple account. Here is what I did (using a mixture of Windows and Mac, but I believe you can find similar apps in Windows). Keep in mind if you have a newer version of iTunes installed you must uninstall it first or it will not let you install the appropriate iTunes version.
Install iTunes 12.6 ( https://www.filepuma.com/download/itunes_64bit_12.6.0-14595/ )
Sign in your Apple ID
Install Charles Proxy 3.11.5 ( https://www.filepuma.com/download/charles_64bit_3.11.5-11801/ )
Follow this tutorial on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu8LbniBhIc&t=261s
Now, whats not mentioned in the youtube tutorial is you need Charles to install charles root certificate , follow these instructions: https://www.charlesproxy.com/documentation/using-charles/ssl-certificates/
Follow the rest of the tutorial and after you edit the file with the correct version id, iTunes will download the 4.9 .ipa file and place it in your apps folder.
The .ipa is saved at C:\Documents and Settings\ +user name+ \My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications
I copied the .ipa to a flash drive and then went to the Mac.
I used an application called iMazing, it was free and is able to sideload apps.
Sign into your Apple account
Plug in phone/ipad via cable to computer
Click Manage Apps
On the right side of the app towards the bottom there is a down arrow icon next to the greyed out install to device, click that and select import .IPA to library
Now you should have the Horizon 4.9 app in the Library section. Make sure you select the 4.9 option (I had 4.9 and 4.10 to chose from)
With Horizon 4.9 highlighted, click the now un-greyed Install to Device button
After this, I had the app on my phone. Tested it out and sure enough, its the 4.9 version and IT WORKS!!!! I can once again connect to my work VM. Let me know if you need any help and Ill try to help as much as I can.
Also had the same issue and found this post during our investigation.
Thank you MrCheesecake for sharing your findings.
Once permissions were granted to the reg key, the command worked.
We are updating all of our servers to ver 2016 from 2K8 R2 and it time for the view Servers. I have all the Connection Brokers done but no I need to do the Composer Server. Might there be a KB out there to assist with this? The database is on a different SQL server so i was just hoping it was as simple as adding one the new and removing the old but i kind of doubt it. Anyone have any insight to this process? Any help is appreciated. Running Version 7.4. Thanks
There is a per-device workaround that allows Horizon Client for iOS 4.10 to continue working with TLS 1.0:
TLSv10 = enable
Take a look at the instructions at Migrate View Composer to Another Machine in the Horizon 7.7 Upgrade documentation.
I am wondering if there is a setting will allow my vm(windows server 2012) continue to do automation work on visual studio after disconnected vm session. Every time I disconnect the session, it set the vm to either as a sleep (but its not) or no package sent, so my test will get interfered. I have already done power setting to never off and disable lock screen in local policy setting. Hope this make sense. Thanks
This is exactly what i am looking for Jon. Thank you!!!
I have switched to using Fedora 29 Silverblue and Flatpak is the preferred GUI app install method. Please consider creating a Flatpak installation.
Thank you Jon, this worked!!
Another way to get the config.txt file on your phone without having to use itunes it to email the file to yourself and use the Save to Files option. Then tap On My iphone, Horizon, then Add.
If you search this forum you will see that others have had the same issue with Persona on Agent versions 7.5.0, 7.5.1, and 7.6.0. Generally, the workaround is to take your Agent back to 7.4.0. I have seen one post that claims the Persona issues are fixed in the new 7.7.0 Agent. I have not tested this claim, so I cannot substantiate it. Obviously VMware would prefer that you switch to UEM, but until they make some form of UEM available in Standard and Advanced versions of Horizon, they will need to continue to support Persona with WIndows 10.
We are experiencing some issues with Linked Clone VMs that are stuck in reboot. This happens to random VMs. Anyone?
Skype For business randomly crashing (just regular usage, not audio/video)
Any insight appreciated.
Are there horizon specific MS patches?
Similiar to Citrix VDI patches here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4294971/skype-for-business-2016-or-2015-lync-2013-crashes-in-citrix-vdi
We're using the below
I had a problem with VM's not restarting properly due to a service failing to stop. I had to reinstall the program. I also had something similar with UEM not configured to run at logoff script as noted in the documentation: Configure FlexEngine to Run From a Logoff Script
I would suggest checking to see if you have any logoff scripts that running and fail to stop or end (like stuck in a loop or waiting on something).
First let me pin down that I had the same question but Dominik gave me valuable head ups on Horozon 4.9.0 install on Ubuntu LTS 18.04
Actually the client is working, but the connection is not stable. Let me ask you about the reason is server/client related.
The first errors mean dbus proxy and usb control started but failed. Is it the source of the problem?
I seem to be having an issue recomposing and was curious where the issue might be. Not sure if it points to the Horizon servers or the Vsphere hosts. Lately when i try to recompose a Linked Clone pool it takes forever for the cloning process. typically when i recompose it takes only a few minutes for the "cloning" process to show up in vcenter. Now when i try to recompose a pool it takes well over an hour for that same process to show up. I seem to have an issue but not sure where to look. Horizon composer logs look OK. No errors. Not sure where to start looking going forward. Any assistance is appreciated.