- RSS Channel Showcase 8244686
- RSS Channel Showcase 3074763
- RSS Channel Showcase 1287451
- RSS Channel Showcase 4868168
Articles on this Page
- 11/13/18--16:27: _Re: VMware Horizon ...
- 11/14/18--07:51: _Persona folder some...
- 11/14/18--14:32: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/14/18--18:49: _Re: VMware Horizon ...
- 11/15/18--00:47: _Re: Persona folder ...
- 11/15/18--01:21: _Re: Persona folder ...
- 11/15/18--01:34: _Re: View Agent Dire...
- 11/15/18--05:52: _Re: View Agent Dire...
- 11/15/18--07:46: _Re: View Agent Dire...
- 11/15/18--08:41: _Re: Instant Clone -...
- 11/15/18--08:47: _Re: Instant Clone -...
- 11/15/18--09:06: _Re: Instant Clone -...
- 11/15/18--15:51: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/15/18--22:14: _Re: Is it possible ...
- 11/16/18--01:12: _VDI user is assigne...
- 11/16/18--02:14: _Re: VDI user is ass...
- 11/16/18--04:49: _Re: VDI user is ass...
- 11/16/18--05:16: _Re: VDI user is ass...
- 11/16/18--05:20: _Re: VDI user is ass...
- 11/16/18--05:37: _Re: VDI user is ass...
- 11/16/18--05:49: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/16/18--07:18: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/16/18--08:01: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/18/18--04:36: _Vm Mirage
- 11/18/18--06:37: _Re: VDI user is ass...
- 11/18/18--06:41: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/19/18--09:58: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/19/18--16:06: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/19/18--21:52: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/20/18--02:38: _Re: VMware View Web...
- 11/20/18--04:48: _Re: VMware View Web...
- 11/20/18--08:34: _Re: VMware Horizon ...
- 11/20/18--10:45: _vcenter offline
- 11/20/18--13:22: _Re: PCoIP Roadmap\L...
- 11/20/18--13:47: _Re: vcenter offline
- 11/22/18--08:11: _Use BSG only for HT...
- 11/22/18--23:19: _Re: Use BSG only fo...
- 11/23/18--00:24: _Re: Use BSG only fo...
- 11/23/18--00:56: _Re: Use BSG only fo...
- 11/23/18--01:22: _Re: Use BSG only fo...
- 11/24/18--10:57: _Re: Is it possible ...
- 11/26/18--05:33: _VMware tools, View ...
- 11/26/18--07:40: _Re: VMware tools, V...
- 11/26/18--11:29: _Re: VMware tools, V...
- 11/27/18--11:39: _Re: VDI user is ass...
- 11/30/18--03:02: _Re: Horizon VMWare ...
- 12/04/18--06:05: _Horizon edition
- 12/05/18--11:23: _Re: Horizon edition
- 12/07/18--13:04: _Windows 10 Display ...
- 12/07/18--20:15: _Enable more than op...
- 11/14/18--07:51: Persona folder sometimes loses full control rights for the user
- Other users are not impacted, only the random user.
- This seems to happen at login but aren't able to replicate at the moment.
- Horizon 7.5.1
- 11/14/18--14:32: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/14/18--18:49: Re: VMware Horizon Client for Chrome OS in Kisok Mode
- 11/15/18--00:47: Re: Persona folder sometimes loses full control rights for the user
- 11/15/18--01:21: Re: Persona folder sometimes loses full control rights for the user
- 11/15/18--01:34: Re: View Agent Direct-Connection Plug-In for RDP?
- 11/15/18--05:52: Re: View Agent Direct-Connection Plug-In for RDP?
- 11/15/18--07:46: Re: View Agent Direct-Connection Plug-In for RDP?
- 11/15/18--08:41: Re: Instant Clone - Issues
- 11/15/18--08:47: Re: Instant Clone - Issues
- 11/15/18--09:06: Re: Instant Clone - Issues
- 11/15/18--15:51: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/16/18--01:12: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/16/18--02:14: Re: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/16/18--04:49: Re: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/16/18--05:16: Re: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/16/18--05:20: Re: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/16/18--05:37: Re: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/16/18--05:49: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/16/18--07:18: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/16/18--08:01: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/18/18--04:36: Vm Mirage
- 11/18/18--06:37: Re: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/18/18--06:41: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/19/18--09:58: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/19/18--16:06: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/19/18--21:52: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/20/18--02:38: Re: VMware View Webcam Support
- 11/20/18--04:48: Re: VMware View Webcam Support
- 11/20/18--08:34: Re: VMware Horizon Client for Chrome OS in Kisok Mode
- 11/20/18--10:45: vcenter offline
- 11/20/18--13:22: Re: PCoIP Roadmap\Lifecycle
- 11/20/18--13:47: Re: vcenter offline
- 11/22/18--08:11: Use BSG only for HTML5 connections
- 11/22/18--23:19: Re: Use BSG only for HTML5 connections
- 11/23/18--00:24: Re: Use BSG only for HTML5 connections
- 11/23/18--00:56: Re: Use BSG only for HTML5 connections
- 11/23/18--01:22: Re: Use BSG only for HTML5 connections
- 11/26/18--05:33: VMware tools, View agents, nVidia drivers - install order?
- ESXi 6.7 Update 1 running on HPE DL380s Gen10 servers
- VMWare View 7.6.0
- VMWare Tools 10.2.5
- nVidia 7.0 - this includes the vib install on the ESXi hosts as well as the nVidia driver install under Windows
- Window 10 version 1709
- VMware Tools
- VMware View agents
- nVidia drivers
- Uninstall nVidia drivers, reboot master image
- Uninstall VMWare view agents, reboot
- Upgrade VMWare tools, reboot
- Install VMWare View agents, reboot
- Install nVidia drivers, reboots
- Set licensing server, new snapshot, recompose desktops
- 11/26/18--07:40: Re: VMware tools, View agents, nVidia drivers - install order?
- 11/26/18--11:29: Re: VMware tools, View agents, nVidia drivers - install order?
- 11/27/18--11:39: Re: VDI user is assigned a desktop logged in by another user
- 11/30/18--03:02: Re: Horizon VMWare Client - Windows 10 - Freezes after minimized
- 12/04/18--06:05: Horizon edition
- 12/05/18--11:23: Re: Horizon edition
- 12/07/18--13:04: Windows 10 Display Scaling on MAC
- 12/07/18--20:15: Enable more than opengl 1.1
Next time you get a black screen, put your VM in maintenance mode in View Admin so it does not refresh if you reboot it.
To collect Agent logs remotely from the Connection Server, run this command in a command prompt
vdmadmin -A -getDCT -outfile file_name.zip -d pool_name -m virtual_machine_name
By default, the vdmadmin utility is located at C:\Program Files\VMware\Vmware View\Server\tools\bin in the Connection Server.
May want to open a case with VMware and have them review the logs
While you black screen VM is in maintenance mode check your event logs App / System / Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy/Operational
Search for event id 6005 see what happened before it
What log on scripts do you have for your VDI environment?
We have +150 persona users currently and every other day a random user loses its 'full control' rights on its folder. Causing quite some errors as they only receive a 'read only' right on their AppData folder.
We monitor this by checking the ACL of each folder every X minutes and manually adding the user if something is wrong but this only works reactively sadly.
As the persona logs are huge I'm currently at a loss to which line I should be looking at.
This is pretty bad.
People buy teradici pcoip for the long run. We have 100 teradici stations, no budget for upgrades soon. They work great.
But when I tried to update our horizon server from version 7.4 to 7.6, the stations (on teradici zero II firmware 4.8) refused to connect anymore.
So what do you mean by "we still support pcoip" ?
David de Leeuw
Ben Gurion University of the Negev
They said a fix is in the next cleint release, by the end of the year. Searched for and wide! I think you can change the background by messing with the Web Client files on your Connection Server.
We are about to try this. Let me know if it works, Are you messsing with the JSON configuration files at all? Wondering if I can skip the SSL trust.
We had to switch back on agent 7.4, since 7.5 the Agent with persona is experiencing a lot of trouble. Rest of the environment is on 7.51 or 7.6, depending on customer. Hope more customers switching to UEM.
Due to other dependencies we can't downgrade the agent sadly.
Thanks for providing in depth info on the settings.
However, after settings these two options, I still get a black screen on direct connection - when I say black screen, it appears that I am connected, but just showing black. I'm not quite sure what's getting in the way here.
Is the hosting computer a Mac or PC? If Mac, you must install and old version of RDC. 2.something
Sorry, Windows 10, but using Client from Windows 7. Very strange. I guess I'll need to try a combo of different settings... but it's good to hear it can work.
I've run down this issue and found that it's due to the way the domain is targeted during a clone refresh.
When the computer account reuse option is used, the computer account is reset when a new instant clone is built. In some networks, this operation can happen on a domain controller that is not local to the site where Horizon is deployed. Thus replication delays cause the computer to be unable to link up with the domain.
I'm looking for a way to target a specific domain controller, and will let you know if I find one.
Open a ticket, I'm pretty sure support has a way to point to one domain controller or something similar, I've seen other posts like this but I can't find them at the moment.
With my support ticket back in 7.2 when I had this problem. Working with their support I added one domain controller that I wanted the connection server to communicate with use for the instant clone process. I haven't had issues with any of my desktops since then or with new versions of Horizon.
Connect to ASDI edit on your connection server. Go into Properties > ngvcAdDomain > pae-AdDomainController
Teradici firmware 4.8.x is not certified and tested with Horizon 7.6.0. Firmware 4.8.0/4.8.1/4.8.2 is only certified with Horizon 7.0.
The latest 6.1.0 firmware is certified with Horizon 7.5.0. Teradici has been slow to keep up with Horizon releases.
Did you get this sorted out? Group the RDSH apps on the Client?
In the last year we've experienced some strange behaviour on our VDI system:
A user requests a desktop and is assigned a desktop which is allready logged in by another user
At first we thought this was a glitch... false report (user aren't allway clear about things), we could not believe it to be possible. But lately we're getting more reports on this same issue. Did anyone else experience the same behaviour?
Please excuse me for not giving any techical detail.... versions and such... I'm not the VDI administrator at our site. Just a concerned person who is wondering how the hell this is possible.
Sorry, I'm Japanese and I don't speak well.
I want to confirm user has logon credencial for linkclone/float and it is occured login storme timing, right?
if is it correct, the problem is occured delayed authentication of Horizon environment to ActiveDirectory.
As temporary solution, I suggest you might want to restart every Domain Controller and set restarting to task.
If the problem will not be occured by temp solution, you wiil add few domain controller as parmanent Solution.
Do not mind your english at all.... glad with your reply
Will investigate that, but I don't think it's a problem with the response time of the domain controller.
From what I can understand from the reports is as that a user gets a desktop assigned from which an other user has disconnected. It's as if the broker is no longer aware that a user is logged on. That should not have anything to do with domain controller response time.
As a workaround for the problem we are thinking of logging of a user as soon he/she logs off. But being able to reconnect to a disconnected desktop has been a big advantage for users. We would rather not loose this advantage.
Understand your situation.
The problem is not depend on DomainController.
I have one doubt for your environment, please confirm your DB server's OS and check ESX system time/NTP configurations.
I know every Horizon server environment shuld keep same clock.
Broker is Windows and join ActiveDirectory which meaning is force set Broker system time,if the time between Broker and DomainController over 5min.
Linux/ESX does not force set system time by DomainController.
Once I faced User select pool on Horizon client and face connection failure sooner.
the root cause is forgetting ESX NTP configuration and ESX system time goes 5 minutes / unmatch connection server DB log.
Below is correct
Broker is Windows and join ActiveDirectory which meaning is force set Broker system time by DomainController.
How many connection brokers do you have?
We have started, and plan to continue, transitioning from PCoIP to BLAST. In some cases already Blast is working better for us than PCoIP. Though it's mostly healthcare related, we found that the Philips SpeechMike device we use for doctors to transcribe works better with Blast when the VM is Windows 10. Our physical clients are Wyse 5070.
We've been using the Wyse 5010, 5060, and now 5070 models, they support both PCoIP and Blast.
Our virtual users are 100% Zero Client's however I have all of the pools set as BLAST for the default as this makes external use so much better in the desktop client. We also push our users to use the browser based desktop as much as possible.
We use PCoIP inside our LAN and Blast Extreme using external access as the last one require much lower bandwidth and works great even when latency is high. So PCoIP is a great protocol as well as Zero Clients which support it but it has it's own pros and cons.
if i use it on a server running 4 hyper v servers will it cause an issue to the hyper v?
What version of Horizon are you running and what does your architecture look like? It sounds like your connection servers are out of sync. Try following the resolution in Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381).
We are doing the same thing as hunterok and amr12. All of our pools are configured to default to Blast and the user is not able to select the protocol. This forces Blast for external access/internal Horizon Clients and still allows all of our zero clients to connect with PCoIP. We are transitioning to Blast internally as we replace the zero clients.
Although it may not be supported it does work.. You will need to enable TLS 1.0 / 1.1 on Horizon 7.6
I know it because I came across the same issue. I have just a few P25 clients left and the latest available firmware that was free to download. Since they went to a pay model I went elsewhere for my thin/zero clients.
What did you go with?
Thanks for all your most insidefull replies.
Sorry for the delay in answering (I am at a course right now)
A few notes:
Years ago we had Wyse and other THIN stations, (V10L etc). We had operating troubles as these thin stations were not "dumb terminals". For example, the Hebrew quirks were not fully supported. Also the setup and management needed quite some attention.
Once we switched to Teradici PCOIP ZERO stations this solved all our problems, management and service quality wise.
Our technician only checks mouses, keyboards and screens.
The Teradici pay model (above 100 stations you pay 30 $ per year per station) is in our budget model a real pain.
As we have exactly 100 stations, I refrained from upgrading the O.S. over 4.X.
When the classes got stuck on applying Horizon Connection manager 7.6, I downgraded the connection manager to 7.4. The Remote Desktop Servers run Agent 7.6 and all is fine.
If for some reason I need to upgrade Horizon, I will allow TLS 1.0.
On future expansion we need to think how to proceed. I would love to continue with PCOIP Zero stations, but not decided.
This is apparently mainly to blame on Teradici !
Best wishes from the sunny Dead Sea...
David de Leeuw
Is there any update on webcam support on Vmware View (we are using 7.4) for thin clients? Either on blast or PCoIP?
As mentioned years ago in this thread, RTAV (Real Time audio video) support from Windows/Linux/OSX Horizon clients will support webcams properly. It is still there in the latest Horizon versions. I don't ever see the RTAV functionality coming to Teradici zero clients. I'd suggest looking at a different type of client if it's a requirement of yours.
You can't change the background for the app just the HTML login.
how will vcenter offline affect horizon view? only for recompose operations not for existing of new connections to the connection servers right?
10zig zero & thin clients.
They have been around for forever and a day. My guys seems to like their mgmt. interface and ease of deployment and use.
Users will be able to login to available desktops. Provisioning/Refresh/Recompose/Rebalance or power on operations cannot be completed.
it's possible to use the BSG only for HTML5 connection and let Horizon Clients connect directly to the VMs? I want to get rid of certificate warning without having to mess with the client certificates and without forcing all traffic to go trough the BSG for performance reasons.
It's not possible with current versions. It's an excellent question though and an understood requirement.
is this in the roadmap? Are there workarounds possible by deploying more connection servers?
I can't discuss future features. The options today are:
1. Enable Blast Gateway on Connection Server and have all clients (native and HTML Access) connect Blast via the Connection Server.
2. Disable Blast Gateway on Connection Server and use trusted CA certificates on the desktops and RDS hosts in order to satisfy the SSL certificate trust for browser HTML Access.
3. Dedicate 1 or more Connection Servers for HTML Access (with Blast Gateway enabled) and get browser users to use just those Connection Servers.
will try with
3. Dedicate 1 or more Connection Servers for HTML Access (with Blast Gateway enabled) and get browser users to use just those Connection Servers.
It is not currently possible but we are investigating the feature given that we have heard this request from several customers. I can’t provide any committed date though.
This is our current environment
I know when building a new master image, the order of install is:
We use method 2 even for parents where the NVIDIA drivers are not installed. We've seen some odd issues when you try to upgrade VMware Tools without uninstalling the Horizon Agent first.
You need to uninstall and install in the correct order. Upgrading one is possible but you will have run a chance to run into issues.
Order to install
Everything everyone has stated should be investigated as they could be the root cause. Out of curiosity what does your environment look like? Are you using zero clients or are these windows clients made into kiosks with the Horizon Client auto connecting at boot? There is a bug with the Horizon client that causes the behavior you are experiencing but not sure if applicable here without knowing more information.
I have the same problem - also the app won't expand to multiple monitors. I'm using a Surface Pro 4 and this UWP instance provides better resolution than the Horizon Clients. I can see on the Windows App store reviews for this app that this issue on freezing and losing connection has been one for many - it would be helpful if VMWare did something to resolve.
can i mix different Horizon edition in single enviroment?
now I have a standart ccu license, but for someone need only published app and someone only desctop.
there is no way to add more then one licence number, that mean that i can use only one edition?
You cannot as far as I know. If you had multiple ones of the same type you would need to combine them.
Have the latest OS on a MAC and connecting to our view environment and can't get the display set to 100%. Best we can get it to is 300% and our EHR program requires it to be no more than 100%. Been digging all day for the answer but keep coming up empty. In the View client when i click the VM icon all i get for options is setting. I get nothing that says display scaling like I do on a Windows Client. Anyone have an idea how to get this resolution to 100%. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
An app requires more than opengl 1.1. How do we get that with horizon view agent 7.3 without 3d acceleration or host based graphics?