- RSS Channel Showcase 2151589
- RSS Channel Showcase 3474294
- RSS Channel Showcase 8398013
- RSS Channel Showcase 8531333
Articles on this Page
- 06/06/18--05:52: _Silent Installation...
- 06/06/18--16:35: _Re: view 7.5 upgrad...
- 06/07/18--03:01: _Re: vCenter tempora...
- 06/07/18--03:40: _Horizon View 5.3 ne...
- 06/07/18--05:34: _Published Desktop o...
- 06/07/18--09:02: _Re: Visual Studio C...
- 06/07/18--10:59: _Unknown (missing) S...
- 06/08/18--02:02: _Horizon Client for ...
- 06/08/18--02:22: _Re: viewdbchk on Ho...
- 06/08/18--05:33: _Re: viewdbchk on Ho...
- 06/08/18--07:14: _Re: Unknown (missin...
- 06/08/18--11:28: _Horizon Client 4.8 ...
- 06/08/18--20:28: _Re: Horizon Client ...
- 06/10/18--20:34: _Re: Horizon Client ...
- 06/11/18--08:39: _Microsoft Edge and ...
- 06/12/18--05:07: _Re: Failed to get t...
- 06/12/18--05:23: _Re: view 7.5 upgrad...
- 06/12/18--12:16: _Re: Horizon Client ...
- 06/13/18--08:23: _Re: How to Thin pri...
- 06/13/18--15:53: _Re: Horizon Client ...
- 06/06/18--05:52: Silent Installation with multiple servers
- 06/06/18--16:35: Re: view 7.5 upgrade issue
- 06/07/18--03:01: Re: vCenter temporarily disabled/enabled
- Disconnect/sign out all the sessions.
- shut down all connection servers of both sites.
- Reboot the vCenters in both sites (we run them in VCHA pairs):
- shut down passive node
- shut down active node
- shut down witnes
- Power on in any order
- power on all connection servers (maybe it changed in newer version but 1 by 1 did not work).
- Wait for horizon to delete/create vm...
- Run viewdbcheck.cmd on a connection server of each site to clean the error VMs.
- 06/07/18--03:40: Horizon View 5.3 new user search problem
- 06/07/18--05:34: Published Desktop on Primary Monitor
- 06/07/18--09:02: Re: Visual Studio Crash in Win 10
- 06/07/18--10:59: Unknown (missing) Status on Instant Clone
- 06/08/18--02:02: Horizon Client for MacOS doesn't correctly scale Windows desktops
- 06/08/18--02:22: Re: viewdbchk on Horizon 7.3.2
- 06/08/18--05:33: Re: viewdbchk on Horizon 7.3.2
- 06/08/18--07:14: Re: Unknown (missing) Status on Instant Clone
- 06/08/18--11:28: Horizon Client 4.8 on macOS Mojave 10.4 black screen?
- 06/08/18--20:28: Re: Horizon Client 4.8 on macOS Mojave 10.4 black screen?
- 06/10/18--20:34: Re: Horizon Client 4.8 on macOS Mojave 10.4 black screen?
- 06/11/18--08:39: Microsoft Edge and Persona Management issues
- 06/12/18--05:07: Re: Failed to get the instance UUID for baseImageVm with path
- 06/12/18--05:23: Re: view 7.5 upgrade issue
- 06/12/18--12:16: Re: Horizon Client 4.8 on macOS Mojave 10.4 black screen?
- 06/13/18--08:23: Re: How to Thin print client printer redirectition from View client.
- 06/13/18--15:53: Re: Horizon Client 4.8 on macOS Mojave 10.4 black screen?
I am trying to install VMWare Horizon Client 4.8 on a computer with the following sintax:
VMware-Horizon-Client-4.8.0-8547331.exe /silent /norestart VDM_SERVER="vdi.server1.es|vdi.server2.com" DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=1 STARTMENU_SHORTCUT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL LOGINASCURRENTUSER_DISPLAY=1 LOGINASCURRENTUSER_DEFAULT=1
The installation is successful but it adds the last server and I need to install the program with the two servers.
What can I do to install the program with the 2 servers.
Me too. One server upgraded no problem, other one didn't. I uninstalled horizon view, changed the friendly name of the wildcard cert I had installed. Reinstalled horizon view, then added vdm back to friendly name of existing wildcard cert and all was good. Something is broke with the installer with using existing certs.
This also worked for us, thanks for the tip.
We run Horizon 7.4 with vCenter 6.5u1 in a cloud pod architectures (2 pods/2 sites) with a vCenter in each site.
What we did to fix the issue:
After that everything went back to normal. We still had a few error VMs in horizon that are not in vcenter. You can either remove them in the ADAM database or wait for them to get cleaned over time.
I have problem in Horizon View 5.3 environment that's happening from time to time. When I create a new user in Windows Server 2008R2 Active Directory and try to assign it in VMware Horizon View Administrator it can't be found via search. Old users can be found, all except new ones. Problem is resolved by restarting connection server. I am wondering does anyone know why is this happening.
I am having dual-monitor setup in an extended mode.
I am connecting to published Desktop in "Full screen-All monitor" display mode via PCoIP.
Desktop is getting launched on both monitor as per expectation IF AND ONLY IF primary monitor is on left side.
If I switch monitor position, means left-most monitor is Secondary and right-most monitor is Primary then Published Desktop appears on Secondary monitor and extends to primary.
Is there any way launch the published Desktop always on Primary monitor (irrespective of it's position) and extends to secondary monitor ?
Above issue also observed if I switch to RDP and Blast protocol
I am using 32-bit Ubuntu compatible Linux with VMWare-view version 4.8.0 (Build: 8492577)
Did you ever figure this one out? We're seeing the same exact issue in our Windows 10 / Horizon 7.0.2 environment.
SSMS 17.4 (also tried 17.5 and 17.6 but not 17.7 yet), Visual Studio 2015.
Faulting application name: Ssms.exe, version: 2017.140.17213.0, time stamp: 0x5a1dcb4d
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1770, time stamp: 0x59bf2bcf
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000daa12
Faulting process id: 0x2090
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3fcf1ec8bac98
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Tools\Binn\ManagementStudio\Ssms.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 4a38f383-9b7f-41be-a4a5-6b71bcb5a5db
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean, System.Nullable`1<ChannelSet>)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at ApexSql.SourceControl.Ssms.WrapperClasses.MainWindowSubClass.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
Currently using 7.4. When deploying Instant Clone, I get an 'unknown (missing)' under STATUS in the Desktop Pool. Reviewing the logs, nothing seems to stick out.
Has anyone experienced this before?
I experiment a strange issue regarding the screen resolution when I connect to a Windows 10 desktop through the Horizon MacOS client.
I open the app and log in to the Connection Server. I click to a pool to access a desktop. The session automatically starts in full screen mode.
The native resolution of the device is 1680x1050 pixels but the Windows 10 desktop stays in 800x600 pixels. It doesn't scale the desktop screen.
If I change the view on MacOS (swipe desktop to left or right) and I come back to the session, the Windows 10 desktop refreshes the screen and then adapts the resolution to the native of the device.
I use vGPU on NVIDIA Tesla M10 and it seems this issue arrives more often with this configuration.
Any of you have encountered that too?
Server: Horizon View 7.4.0
Provisioning: Instant Clones
Client: Horizon Client 4.8.0
Host OS: MacOS 10.13.4
Guest OS: Windows 10 (1709)
Thank you for your response.
I had the same issue. I logged in the connection server as the service account horizon uses to connect to vCenter and it worked fine.
I've seen this as well while troubleshooting an issue with a View environment. We opened up a ticket with VMWare for the root-issue and this was brought up as a sidenote. One of the VMware engineers seemed to think it had to do with permissions and the original installer of View on that server. For example, a colleague could run it on a connection server he installed but I could not and vice-versa.
I'm hoping this has been addressed in 7.5 and look forward to testing it.
I get desktops (missing) usually when doing maintenance with my hosts going in/out of maintenance and cp-parents being removed. Is the VM that is missing actually exist in your vcenter? If it doesn't its just a stale record from the Horizon side and needs to be removed from the db and it will spit out a new desktop with that name depending on your deployment scheme.
Connect to the ASDI on the connection server and just query for the missing desktop and delete the record.
I'm testing macOS Mojave Beta 1, and while the Horizon Client connects fine, it's just a black screen (PCoIP OR Blast).
Anyone else successfully test this config?
Just a bit more detail. Same issue with Horizon Client 4.7. (thought I would try downgrading just in case)..
Works fine with the Horizon HTML Access.
Does it eventually timeout and disconnect? A black screen typically means a communication/firewall issue.
We are struggling with Microsoft modern apps and Persona Management. We get working all what we need but Microsoft Edge is a beast...
If the folder "AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" is roam with PM, Edge open and close immediately. Something seems to prevent Edge to be modified by an external process. The copy procedure from Persona share to user profile at login time seems to break something.
Have you figure out how to use Edge with PM?
VMware Horizon 7.4
Windows 10 Build 1709
I think that the validity of the certificates must be checked. I had the same problem and it was resolved when I renewed a certificate on the vCenter.
So i didnt have this problem but i am unable to upgrade 1 connection server in my lab, the other one upgraded fine.
I'm having the same issue. I've let it sit there for about 10 minutes and it just stays black screen. Allowed Horizon thru the mac firewall. Horizon admin is showing as connected.
I have the exact same issue. I'm on Horizon 7.5 with the agent 7.5 and the clients range from 4.6 to 4.8. Thinprint is not taking the client side settings to disable printer redirection. I even looked at the article to unload thinprint RDP DLL and that didn't work. I so not want to disable thinprint as there are use cases when users work remotely that it's is useful.
Have you tried clicking in the Horizon Client window? I see this on the Horizon Client for Mac with Windows 10 agents where the screen is black until you pass keyboard/mouse input to it.